Garages today are more than just parking places. Oftentimes, garage doors are the first part of the exterior anyone sees upon visiting your house. This is why it is important to keep your automatic garage door in a good working position with periodic maintenance services. If your garage door is stuck halfway to opening and closing, here are some troubleshooting techniques to help you in this regard.
- Check the power source of the garage door: The issue may lie in the possibility that the opener is not getting enough power. Or it is a chance that the opener has been unplugged accidentally. Troubleshooting the electrical problem may need the expertise of a professional electrician.
- If it is plugged in properly, you should pull the release chain of the emergency system of the garage door. If doing this action does not solve the issue, proceed to the next point.
- You need to make sure that there are no obstructions including dirt, dust, or pebbles on the metal tracks. Clogged tracks make it hard to go up and down. These tracks and rollers should be cleaned and lubricated periodically. Lubricate all moving hardware regularly.
- Check the garage door itself to find out the damages. Warps, dents, and other formations can make the garage door hard to open. Garage door dents are minor issues that can be fixed easily.
- Allow the motor that operates the garage door to be cool for 15 minutes. It may be overheated due to continuous working. Try it again if it does not work efficiently you may need a technician.
- Try pressing the button on the remote. If it does not work, then the handy remote control could be the problem which needs to be replaced.
- There is a possibility that your neighbor is using a passcode similar to yours. So changing the security code or using the rolling code is good to see if it solves the issue.
- Garage door tracks could not be misaligned. Check the balance and fix it if needed. Tighten the loose mounting brackets and other moving hardware. Damaged parts should be replaced.
- Check the transmitter. If it activates the operating system but does not open the garage door. You will have to check the drive belt.
- Inspect the pulley attached to the motor. They may need adjustment or replacement. Don’t over tighten the cables and pulleys as they cause serious problems. Frayed or broken cables should be replaced.
- Check the safety sensors and sensitivity accessories. If the garage door stops and reverses while it is going down, the safety sensors features could be an issue.
- If your garage door opens or closes partially, you need to adjust the height adjustment screws to see if it solves the issue. If it does not fix the problem, it is time to call a professional garage door expert for help.
Call a trained and certified garage door repair company if you are still having problems with the operations of a garage door. They help you in fixing the problems that you may be encountered. Just make a call.